Thursday, August 05, 2010

Look What I Made - Hair Bow Holder

I'm not sure that many of you know this about me . . . but some do I am sure.  I am addicted in a MAJOR way to Gymboree.  I spend so much of my money there on cute clothes for my kids, and since I have 4, I usually have a kid in each size/collection so I can get whatever my faves are!  I love Gymbucks!  And I love love love that they have matching hair clippies for each collection!  Darn addictive store!


That said, I have collected LOTS of clippies and korkers.  I put some on the board I made, but I know there are some floating around my house that I will have to add later.  Hopefully they all fit.


And here is what I made!  I used this tutorial HERE!  This project literally took me 10 minutes to complete once I had procured all the supplies and gathered them into my crafting room.  EASY!!!  I got my fabric at JoAnn's -- also the canvas (they were 50% off this week too -- WOOHOO!)  The canvas size I chose was 12 x 16 - but you could use any size.  I think it looks pretty cute on the girls room wall and I bet their clippies will be WAY easier for me to keep track of now!

RELATED:  I found this awesome tutorial on how to make the korker bows that I love -- so if you have some free time you can go play:  http://www.instructables.com/id/Curlykorker-Hair-Bows/

Oh and I am linking up to the Show Your Stuff Party at Fireflies and Jellybeans!  Happy Thursday!

1 comment:

Erin said...

Great idea, I will have to try it. I love Gymboree too. I used to spend so much that my local store would call me when something new came in. My hubby would say "Gymboree called, their stock price dropped. You need to go in and save the shareholders."