Tuesday, February 02, 2010

(SSD010)

Hello! Happy Tuesday! New month, new sketch designer! This month Skipping Stones has asked Belinda to create the sketches. I hope you will take a minute or two to check out her blog! I am hoping I will have a chance to play with all the fun sketches before my due date arrives. I think I have about a month left to go before Baby M makes her debut!

The sketch this week was a stretch for me as a stamper. I am a girl who likes symmetry. I like balance and as hard as I tried, the offset nature of the background kept freaking my eyes out!

I also challenged myself first by trying to use different colored inks on the main image. I decided I wanted a fresh spring look. The butterflies and sentiment on this card are from the newly released set Dandelion Dreams. Overall I think my card this week turned out "springy" looking. I hope you will try this sketch and see what you can come up with!




Stamps: Dandelion Dreams (Skipping Stones Design) Paper: Gemstones - Green (Core'dinations), Bashful Blue (SU!), Lavender Rosebuds (Paper Pizazz - Hot Off the Press), Green Gingham (Paper Pizazz - Hot Off the Press), Solar White Classic Crest (Neenah) Ink: Bashful Blue Classic (SU!), Gable Green Classic (SU!), Orchid Opulence Classic (SU!), Lavender Lace Classic (SU!) Accessories: Sewing machine (Singer), white thread (Sulky), Glitter brads (The Paper Studio - Hobby Lobby), circle nestabilities (Spellbinders), cuttlebug machine (Provocraft), purple ribbon (unknown source).

Be sure to click on the links on my sidebar to see what other fun stuff the DT gals have been creating with this sketch! I am always inkspired when I see the magic they create each week! Happy surfing and thanks for stopping by *waves*

No comments: