Tuesday, June 20, 2006

To Calgary, Alberta, Canada

We arrived in Calgary after a long day of travel. I had intended to stay at a city about two hours away from Calgary for the night, but because of not prebooking a hotel room, when we got there, we found out that there was some event going on in town and there were like no rooms available. I made the decision at like 8 pm that we should just keep driving on down the road to Calgary. Karen2 (momof2stampers) had said I could stay at her house, but since I was arriving so late I opted to stay at a hotel. The next morning, I woke up and went shopping at the big mall that we were staying by. I got to eat at Edo Japan. Yum! Love that place and they don't have it in the states. Then I called Karen and got directions to her house and went to visit her. We ended up staying the night and playing the next morning. Jen (cobrielle) came over to play and stamp too. We left in the afternoon and got on the road headed toward Vancouver. It was a lot of fun to meet old new friends from SCS (you know, the kind you talk to everyday but never have met - thanks Tracy). Karen's kids and Jenn's kids were totally adorable and fun and I think my kids had a lot of fun playing with them. I know they appreciated being out of the car for at least 24 hours too. E was so dirty when we got to our hotel in Vancouver that night from all her play in Karen's big backyard. She and J fell asleep right away. It was really cute.

No comments: