Wednesday, June 21, 2006

To Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada

When we were driving to Vancouver, I had big plans of going to Vancouver Island, and staying 2 nights and such, but after one night there, my plans had changed. We drove and reached the city, and M helped us to find a room. The kids were glad to be in a room and went to bed at about 10:30 pm because I could not get them to settle down because the people in the room next to us were watching TV really loudly. I woke up the next morning at 5 am to the TV in the next room blaring loud, and this guy going off on his wife, swearing, and complaining about how loud we were the night before. I was actually scared. Our room had a lock, but no deadbolt. I was also scared they were going to do something like key my new van. The wife sounded like she was normal, but the husband was just obnoxious. I complained at check out, but the hotel manager told me that there was nothing they could do because it was a customer problem, not a room problem. Needless to say, I would NEVER stay at that hotel again.

After we checked out, we drove to Stanley Park. I had read up online after I was so rudely awoken, and decided it would be a fun thing for us to do for part of the day. We drove through the park making frequent stops to look at things and ended up at the Vancouver Aquarium (which I had planned to go do). The kids loved the aquarium. J really liked the jellyfish, and E loved watching the dolphin show and being able to walk around and not be in a stroller. I thought it would be good for her to walk and get energy out.

J loved the belugas. We went to the underwater viewing area and he was just so solemn and serious and just stared at them. He thought they were the neatest thing ever. E liked them too. It was hard to get her to leave that area. You can see the mark on J's face that he got the night before this one. He got a mosquito bite on his face that reacted and made a scabby scar. I was so worried about him for just a mosquito bite, I am such a nerd.

No comments: