Monday, August 14, 2006

Are we that squeamish???

Here is the article from MSNBC.com http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/14065706/

In spite of all the good things about breastfeeding -- is breast-feeding now TABOO??? I read this article and my first thought was "get over it." I think the cover of this magazine was a very appropriate location for a photo like this one. This cover shows no nipple or anything too gross, and is simply a cute baby eating his lunch. If it had a picture of a baby eating a spoonful of rice cereal no one would care -- so why does this have to be any different? I was offended that so many people were upset by this cover. It is beautiful in its own way and any mother should appreciate it. I breast fed my children and was very discreet about it, but at the same time, I don't feel like it should be something that should be looked down upon. What do you think?

No comments: