Sunday, August 20, 2006

Virtual Stamp Night on Splitcoaststampers

For some reason I have not really been as "into" virtual stamp night lately. But, I did do a few of the challenges. I think I would have done more, but I was uninspired. I think part of my stamping block is because there are things I need to get done like my swaps for my upline, and a wedding invite idea for a sideline member, and they are keeping me from just spewing forth creativity. At any rate, I did 6 of the challenges.

The card on the left is called "Stupid Happy in Love." The challenge was to use pink and one neutral. You could use any pinks you wanted to, so I used pink passion, rose red, pretty in pink and pixie pink Stampin' Up! inks. The couple stamp is a Penny Black design. I got it when I was in El Paso. It has been waiting for some love. The hearts in the background are SU "All Through the Year" and the "Happiness" at the bottom is also SU, "Warm Words" I like how this one turned out. I got the layout idea from the sketch challenge on www.splitcoaststampers.com, and then I just added the couple image on top. I also used my white gel pen to do some faux stitching on the hearts, it is really subtle (READ: you can hardly see it) but I think it adds something.
The card on the right is with my new favorite set, SU "Booglie Eyes." I have a passion for Halloween. I just love it. Not sure why, but I do. I had so much fun coloring in these adorable little witches. The orange paper on the side is wet and crumpled, and then sponged a bit to age it. I think it turned out cute. Inside it says "Happy Boo to You." All in all, VSN was great fun for me, and as usual I have some challenges I did not complete, that will inspire me to create more fun cards in the next weeks until the September VSN.

No comments: