Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Happy St. Patricks Day

I created this little good luck Riley card with intentions to make it less traditional St. Paddy's day looking. I think I succeeded. I just love coloring this guy and I love the way the diamond stickles look when I put them over top of my copic colored/prismacolor gold pencil colored horse shoe. I figure this card could be sent on St. Patricks Day, or even for another occasion where good luck wishes are in order. I recently discovered the Card Patterns - Weekly Blog Sketch blog here on blogspot, and I am such a sucker for sketches, I used their sketch this week for the layout.

Stamps: Goodluck Riley (Hanna Stamps), St. Patty's sentiment - Studio G Clear Stamps - Series 26 (Hampton Arts) Paper: Waild Wasabi (SU!), Sultry Paper Pad (Basic Grey), Solar White Classic Crest (Neenah) Ink: Onyx Black Versafine Accessories: Inkssentials White Gel Pen (Ranger), Jewel brads (SU!), sewing machine, white thread, clear embossing powder (SU!), diamond stickles (Ranger), copic ciao markers (Imagination International Inc.), Sheer pink with white dots organdy ribbon, white grosgrain ribbon.

Hope you are having a fun St. Paddy's day. I am thinking of making green mashed potatoes, or cabbage roll casserole for dinner tonight. The kids and I are going to make these cute Leprechan faces , that I found on Jill Coopers blog, to attach as bag tags to some gold wrapped goodies (think almond kisses or werthers) and then go delivering to some friends.

10 comments:

Ginny said...

I LOVE Riley, he doesn't live at my house yet, maybe some day in the future, lol

great card :0)

Anonymous said...

This is a super cute card - I always love Riley cards!! Your paper is fabulous and I love your stitching. Thanks for playing along with us this week!

Anonymous said...

REALLY cute! The horseshoe looks fabulous! Nice and sparkly!

scramptastic said...

i love this riley. he is so cute.

sarahw said...

Super cute card! I love the background, all of the paper looks so great together.

Becky said...

This is super cute, love the dp and that ribbon.

whoistracy said...

Amanda, this is wonderful! What a cute take on the sketch. Your blog is darling, too. Thanks for playing along with us!

Vicki G said...

This is just the sweetest!!!!

Sonya said...

Super sweet card, and blog Amanda!

Kristen Swain said...

that is adorable! wonderful card!
kris