Saturday, March 28, 2009

Take Me Out to the Ballgame . . .


(Mic and the cute baby keeping shaded from the sun)


(Mmmmmm - E eating some cotton candy)


(Finger lickin' good -- J loves cotton candy)


(Sleepy baby E and me)


(The Fab 5 at the game - ignore my silly face I am making)

So the spring training season is almost done and I really had wanted to go to a game this year and yet other stuff had been taking up our time, (like finishing the backyard and trying to keep up with the messes that three kids make) so yesterday, we managed to get to a game. We bought tickets from scalpers and WAY overpaid for them, but the game was sold out and we really wanted to go, so whatever. It was fun! The kids had never been to a game before. We saw the Anaheim Angels massacre the Seattle Mariners at Tempe Diablo Stadium.

The kids made friends with some people who were sitting near us and they shared some peanuts with them. It was really funny watching the kids learn to take them out of the shell. Then their new friends taught them to pitch the shells at people, which was a bad thing because then they were doing it to people we had not even met.

J decided he wanted to roll down the hill once some people had left so we had to keep him from doing that -- he did manage to get a couple of fun rolls in. It was hilarious!!!

When I was younger I used to play slow pitch for many years so it was a lot of fun to go to a spring training game. In my youth I went to lots of Toronto Blue Jays games, but I had never been to spring training and definitely consider that to be a perk of living here in Arizona. It was a blast!!!




(Just in case you thought we didn't actually watch the game, just took pictures)

5 comments:

Brimaca said...

Looks fun!!!! I love going to baseball games.

Candice said...

How fun!! And what a beautiful family you have, Amanda!! It's funny because we just picked my FIL and BIL up from the airport recently when their flight got in from Arizona - they were out there for spring training too - watching the Cubs games - they called everyday bragging about the beautiful weather - LOL!!

reeree62 said...

Amanda, my husband & I have gone to Ft. Myers, FL for the past 4 yrs, and this year we cant. I miss Spring Training soooo bad! I LOVE my Boston RED SOX!!!

Cr8ive ME said...

looks like you had a lot of fun.

jacqueline said...

Thanks for sharing these pics...everyone looks like they had fun!