Tuesday, September 23, 2008

CC185 - Breezy Vanilla Kisses + Prism Paper Alternatives

Just your regular boring Tuesday around here.
I thought I would dig out an old image and play with it. I have been seeing cards in the gallery lately with old SU sets that I own (but now I consider them old and done with) but they have new life because people are coloring them with copic markers, and I was thinking I could do the same with this image by Penny Black.

I used the color challenge colors (baja breeze, very vanilla, kiwi kiss) - but because I have not bought all the new "in colors" (SU!), I had to find alternates using Prism Papers because I have LOTS of those. Anyway, I think I pretty close to right with this combination:

Prism Island Mist Medium (Baja Breeze)
Prism Spring Willow Medium (Kiwi Kiss)
Prism Vanilla Cream (Very Vanilla)

I used the marker tip to tip technique when coloring the image because I did not have an exact match copic marker (I used new leaf (YG23) touched to olive (G99) to get the scarf color match on the green part). It worked really well and I would recommend trying this if you don't have a bazillion copic markers. I used jade green (G00) and then went over it with Warm Grey No. 1 (W-1) to dull it down a bit and get the right color. I think it matches really well. I wish I had a couple shades darker than that jade, but close enough right? I used stickles on the shaded parts and on the snowflakes. It shines and is so pretty in real life. Oh and edges of the background paper as well as the main image paper were distressed and sponged with bordering blue ink. Sketch was taken from Jen DelMuro's site -- it was her SFYTT. I think it worked perfectly with this image!!!

Stamps: Penny Black - Warm & Cold, Everyday Sentiments (Hanna Stamps) Paper: Figgy Pudding - Basic Grey, Prism Island Mist Medium, Prism Spring Willow Medium, Confetti Cream (SU!) Ink: Onyx Black Versafine Accessories: Silver brads (SU!), clear embossing powder, sewing machine, brown thread, diamond stickles, cuttlebug, snowflakes embossing folder, Nestabilities (scalloped and plain ovals), copic markers (see above).

14 comments:

paulssandy said...

WOW, this is stunning! The snowman is adorable, but my favorite part is the snowflake layer. In the photo it looks like it shimmers!

Sandy O
www.papertransformer.com

Unknown said...

very nice, and elegant. i like it ;)

Create It Simply said...

I'm a slacker! I had samples of the new colors but didn't have them scanned LOL They are up on my blog now though. Looks like we had the same choices for a match :) There is also a Robin's Egg that is pretty close to the Baja as well, but it's not Prismatics and I didn't have a swatch for it other than the one in the Prism catalog.

Loreen said...

I am so not ready for winter, but I love your work =)

loretta said...

Love the card. I love blue and I love the layout and design!

Hope you are doing well!

MamatoOne said...

So cute! I love snowman. I think I may have to get some of my "old" snowmen stamps out and play too!

Bunny B said...

Great card!! I love it! So cute :)

Holly Young said...

oh it's so pretty! I've been finding new life with my old stamps and copics too. Aren't they fun to use?

Victoria said...

Love this layout and all the added goodies of texture and colors.

Tonya said...

Adorable!!! I loved the color challenge this week and want to play with it. Hopefully soon!

Tonya said...

Adorable!!! I loved the color challenge this week and want to play with it. Hopefully soon!

Anonymous said...

This is totally cute. Love the snowflakes on the skinny panel and that image just makes me smile!! Many hugs-Jd

Jennifer Murai said...

So super cute. Love the colors and layout. TFS

Vicki G said...

Amanda, this is so sweet! Love it