Thursday, September 04, 2008

HANNA PREVIEW: Thanksgiving

Thanksgiving is on its way! Are you ready? For those of you in Canada, I know it is in October, so you want to get your hot little hands on this set ASAP!!! It is hilarious! I love that you could do a card with before and after of both the turkey and the pumpkin. It even has a little ship that you could use on place cards for your guests. I just love all the possibilities -- seriously - the perfect thanksgiving set!!!

YUM! I love Thanksgiving! This year we will be spending it at home because I am not supposed to travel that close to my due date.

I decided to make this recipe book to keep track of all the things I want to cook this year. It has 6x6 pages inside and is perfect to slip in recipe cards, or pages (for those of you who have time), or both if you want a nice one for you and then extras to hand out to family and friends. It also makes it easy to change the recipes for next year if you wish! I am excited to keep track of what I make, because I love to cook and often will make different things each year, but some are for sure better than others!!! They are the ones I will KEEP in this book!

Anyway, this set will be available tonight at midnight (EST) on the Hanna Stamps site. Sometimes Kristi will put the sets up a little before then, so if you join us in the Hanna Stamps forum at SCS for the release party, you will have the most immediate knowledge of when they are released.

Stamps: Thanksgiving (Hanna Stamps) Paper: American Crafts The Goods: Pumpkin Pie, SU Pumpkin Pie, SU More mustard, SU Chocolate Chip, Neenah Solar White Ink: Onyx Black Versafine Accessories: Copic markers, colorless blender, sewing machine, brown thread, prima flowers, dew drops, American Crafts Premium Ribbon, Karen Foster - Senta Note - Fun Font Rub Ons

Now what about Christmas . . .

Crazy? Maybe I am! Okay, I know this probably sounds nuts, but yesterday I worked on wrapping some Christmas presents. I have purchased a bunch of stuff for my kids on clearance and for good prices and I wrapped! I know, it is not even Halloween, but I want to be ahead of the game. I know how life gets around the holidays and how it is just one party after another and busy busy, so if I get it all done now, it will be ready on Christmas, even if I am in the hospital. That is my biggest fear, that the little guy shows up late and I have to be gone on Christmas Day. So now I just need to shop for M and for the new baby (think a couple rattles and small toys and maybe a Baby's First Christmas outfit), and I will be on top of it all.

Anyway, consider this your reminder, holidays are on their way . . . get crackin'!!!

13 comments:

Mandy said...

What a fantastic card, Amanda! I love T-Day, too! This pumpkin pie image rocks!! Oh, and I was pregnant and unable to travel last Thanksgiving (my daughter was born on Dec. 20), and it actually took a lot of the stress out of it! :) Enjoy the holiday at home!

Unknown said...

This is really nice! I love the idea of making a book of Thanksgiving recipes. I think I need to do that.

Soguesswhat11 said...

Wow, what a wonderful little pioneer fall card! I love all that ribbon - WOW, that had to take a while!! Great job~

Stampin' Meg said...

Oh my Hannah makes such a sweet pilgrim gal! Great job on this!

paulssandy said...

No more searching for your holiday recipes! Another great idea!

Amanda said...

That is really cute, great job!

paulssandy said...

Hi Amanda, I forgot to thank you for visiting and leaving a comment on my blog, I was to busy ooooing and awwwwing at your wonderful cards ;)...so thank you, teeheehe
Sandy O

Anonymous said...

This notebook is just too cute!!!

Karen said...

another great project!! wish I liked to cook/bake - well I do, but the clean up afterwards is yuck, which makes me not want to cook!! :)

Charith said...

Such a great idea...and your is beautiful! Great colors and stamps...and I love all the ribbons!
Love it!!!

Vicki G said...

This is adorable as well........ just love it Manda!


Vicki

Traci G said...

This is so cute!! I am in the process of making a family recipe book for my family....and I appreciate the inspiration!!!

kadie said...

This is gorgeous!