Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Sketch Challenge 194 - Potluck Dinner Invitations

A month or so ago, a friend of mine had a potluck gathering in her home, and since then we have been trying to get another one together. This time we will be having it at my home, so I took some time today to come up with an invite using the sketch challenge on SCS. I think it turned out cute and was super easy to do.

I think I am going to assign each invitee a category, such as salad, dessert, side, drinks, etc. and then take care of the main hot dish here are my house. Do you think that sounds like a good plan? That way, I know each of those will be taken care of and won't have to stress about it. How long do you think an event like this should go on for? We will be doing it Saturday afternoon/evening and there are going to be lots of kids there, so maybe for 2 hours -- max 3 hours. Should I put this on the invites, or just the start time? HELP!!!

Stamps: Kiss the Cook (Hanna Stamps), SU Paper: Prism Papers - Baby Blue Dark, Neenah Solar White, Frances Meyer - Blue School Skirt Ink: Onyx Black Versafine, tempting turquoise classic ink (SU!) Accessories: Clear embossing powder, sewing machine, white thread, white heart shaped brads, SU oval punch (large size), copic markers sponge.

Don't forget to enter for BLOG CANDY BELOW if you have not already!!!

6 comments:

Danni said...

This is such a great card! The colors are so bright, so vivid.
Hope the potluck goes well, I haven't been to one in years.

Charith said...

What a great card... perfect for potluck invitations. I think assigning the food is a great idea, that way you're not stuck with all the same food types, like your main dish and then all the rest bringing only desserts... hey wait.. maybe THAT wouldn't be so bad :>) LOL I have no idea if you should put the ending time on there as well. Hope you have a great time!

Joy said...

this is so super duper sweet, I should really get this set!

Vicki G said...

om gosh!!!! how sweet!!!!!!!

Tegan said...

what a fun card!!
adorable :)

fishlips said...

What a great card...great for a potluck...Happy Anniversary Hanna