Monday, September 15, 2008

CROCHET - Sea Mist Green Baby Blanket

I finished a blanket to match the new baby's bedding! (only 3 months left . . . not that I am counting). YAY! I used Vanna's Choice yarn because it happened to be on sale the day I was at JoAnn's deciding what to get AND it was the perfect color! It is called Sea Mist Green, but it is kind of a cross between a pale olive green and sage green. I am so pleased with the results. I made a blanket identical to this one for my DD when she was born. Hers was pink and white stripes. I do LOVE this pattern! It whips up so quickly, I did this one in less than a week. My poor middle baby(J), we thought he was a girl and so I did not make one for him yet -- it is on my to do list before the new baby arrives. Look for that one when I get it finished! He has chosen red to match his CARS movie bedroom.

Crochet Hooded Baby Blanket
Lion Brand® Pound of Love (From the Lion Brand Website)

GAUGE:

3.75 sts = 1inches on Size J hook. BE SURE TO CHECK YOUR GAUGE. When you match the gauge in a pattern, your project will be the size specified in the pattern and the materials specified in the pattern will be sufficient. If it takes you less stitches and rows to make a 4 in. [10 cm] square, try using a smaller size hook or needles; if more stitches and rows, try a larger size hook or needles. ( I ended up using an I hook, I prefer it to be slightly tighter, and I could not find my J hook).

STITCH EXPLANATION:

PATTERN STITCH (multiple of 3 sts)
Row 1 2 dc in 3rd ch from hook, * skip 2 ch, 1 sc and 2 dc in next ch; rep from * across, ending with skip 2 ch, 1 sc in last ch. Ch 2, turn.
Row 2 2 dc in first sc, * skip 2 dc, 1 sc and 2 dc in next sc; rep from * across, ending with 1 sc in top of t-ch. Ch 2, turn. Rep Row 2 for pat.


BLANKET
Ch 108. Beg with Row 1, work in Pat St for 28". Fasten off.

HOOD
Ch 4.

Row 1 2 dc in 4th ch from hook. Ch 3, turn.
Row 2 2 dc in first dc, dc in next dc, 3 dc in top of t-ch. Ch 3, turn.
Row 3 Dc in first dc, dc in next 5 dc, 2 dc in top of t-ch. Ch 3, turn.
Row 4 2 dc in first dc, dc in each dc to t-ch, 3 dc in top of t-ch (=2 dc inc at each end). Ch 3, turn.
Row 5 Dc in first dc, dc in each dc to t-ch, 2 dc in top of t-ch (= 1 dc inc at each end). Ch 3, turn. Rep Rows 4 & 5 until there are 48 dc + t-ch. Ch 3, turn.

Edging: Next Row 2 dc in first dc, * skip 2 dc, 1 sc and 2 dc in next dc; rep from * across, ending with sc in t-ch. Fasten off.

FINISHING

With RS of Hood up, lay Hood over one corner of Blanket, matching edges, and pin in place. Edging Attach yarn to one corner of Blanket, spacing sts to keep edge flat and working through both layers at Hood corner, work Row 2 of pat making sure to work 1 sc and 2 dc at each corner.

Have a wonderful Monday and don't forget to enter for BLOG CANDY BELOW if you have not already!!!

12 comments:

Shannon Roberts said...

Gorgeous!!! What did you choose for the baby's bedding??

Stampmouse said...

beautiful very well done love the color too

Karen said...

oh this is just beautiful! You have so much talant!

Rachel said...

this is so beautiful! if i have a baby will you make me one? :D

Alli said...

Oh Amanda, this is just gorgeous, the work, oh my gosh.

This will become such a family heirloom for your kids and their kids.

Lorraine said...

very beautiful. it looks so soft. I'd love a blanket like that for myself! lol

Sara said...

OMG!! this is fabulous!! Great Job.

Enfys said...

From a person who can't knit.......I am awestruck, this is so beautiful.

Brimaca said...

Very pretty!

Loretta Rodger said...

I hop0e your soon to be arrival comes on December 15th, its a great day for a birthday! I should know -- its mine!

I love your blog d the blanket is very sweet!

Nisa said...

You are way way too talented for one person!

Jen said...

Beautiful! I can just picture a sweet angel face peeking out of it.