Friday, September 19, 2008

Talk Like a Pirate Day Gift Set

I could not possibly let this glorious holiday pass this year without creating something for it! Hanna Stamps has just too many cool images with Pirates. First off there is Riley Moose dressed as a pirate: HERE, and then there is the Hanna Pirate set, which is just awesome!!!

For more information on this amazing and silly holiday: CLICK HERE

I made this set for my sweet hubby, M! First off, there is the mini trunk (complete with chocolate gold nuggets inside) and a pirate flag to warn off enemies. The treasure chest came from Michaels, I colored it with copic markers and added the gold detail using my Krylon gold leafing pen.

Secondly, I thought it would be fun to put a message in a bottle and I came up with the idea of a pirate vocabulary list in a bottle (to help those who don't talk like this every day to be more pirate like). Of course, Michaels and JoAnn's did not have just the right size bottle, so I scrolled it up in a roll and tied it with a brown ribbon.

Happy Talk Like A Pirate Day matey's . . . hope you find lots of ways to add extra pirate vocab words into your vocabulary today . . . it really is a lot of fun!

3 comments:

Jess said...

Manda, this is super cute! I have to remember this day for next year... my nephew is OBSESSED with pirates!!! Love your blog!

Unknown said...

That is awesome! You're so creative!

Anonymous said...

Oh this is fantastic! Good job! Love the trunk, wish they had Michaels in Australia, would make life so much easier.

And I wish I had known of the day this year, would've been fun to celebrate!