Wednesday, September 13, 2006

COLOR CHALLENGE 79

So last night, I decided that even though I had a really rough day, I would have a friend over to stamp. She came and we decided to do the color challenge. I had a lot of fun. We also made a Halloween Post it Note Holder, matching pen and matching candy bag topper.

This card was inkspired by a layout by Jen Stevenson. The first thing I did was stamp the image and work on coloring it with the color challenge colors. I colored the umbrella yellow because I thought it would be perfect (even though it was an extra color). I think I always like to add an extra color in there, not sure why. Then I added the crystal effect to her raincoat, boots and a little on the puddle, so it would have some time to dry. Then I worked on the panel in bashful blue. I added the dots on the bottom and stamped the original sentiment on the blue. It turned out crooked a bit, and being the perfectionist that I am, I had to fix it, so I stamped it on white, layered on almost amythest, layered red, and then added it to the panel. I then added the dots on the corners to accent it. Then I layered on the white ribbon with black polka dots. I always forget this ribbon, and my friend, Carissa, used it on her card, so I thought I would too.
Next I made sure the image was mostly dry and then layered it on red and then almost amythest. I punched a hole where I would attach the hodgepodge hardware. Then I went and added the ribbon to the hodgepodge and then attached the hodgepodge to the card.
Finally I added the dots on the real red cardstock. I think they accent nicely! I wish my gelly roll was a little more inky though so it had better coverage. Might have to dig out my signo pen later. Anyway, I had a good time and love what I came up with. Have not used this set in forever.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love the cards Amanda!!!